1. Privacy statement
- Viva con Agua South Africa (website address: https://test.vivaconagua.org.za/) is committed to the processing of personal information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests.
- Viva con Agua South Africa is obliged to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) as well as the Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
- In line with this, Viva con Agua South Africa is committed to protecting its members’/clients’/supplier’s/employees’ and other data subjects’ privacy and ensuring that their personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
2. How we collect personal information
2.1 When you provide it directly
For example, when you:
- enquire about our activities or services
- visit our website
- make a donation
- sign up to receive updates from us
- create or update a profile
- post content to our website or via our social media
- meet with us
- take part in one of our events, campaign or fundraise for us
- communicate with us (either online, by email, phone, SMS or post)
2.2 When you provide it indirectly
For example, when it is shared with us by third parties such as professional fundraisers, partners, or subcontractors acting on our behalf, or through fundraising sites. These organisations will have their own privacy policies, and/or statements so please do ensure you check when providing your personal information to them.
2.3. When you have given other organisations permission to share it
You may have provided your details to another organisation that works with Viva con Agua. When working with other organisations, we work to ensure it’s completely clear to you that your information will be shared with Viva con Agua. The information we get from these third parties depends on your settings and the permissions and choices you have provided, so you should regularly check what you have agreed that these third-party organisations may share with us or with others.
2.4. Via social media
Depending on your settings and the relevant policies and terms of service, when using social media and messaging services like Instagram and Twitter, you might give us permission to access information about you from those accounts or services.
2.5. When we collect information when you are using our website
2.6. When your information is available from public sources
We may collect personal information about you from the public domain, such as from open social networks (e.g. LinkedIn and Twitter), company websites, political and property registers and news archives
2.7. Guessing e-mail addresses
Where we have legitimate interest and feel that an organisation would want to hear from us about supporting Viva con Agua, we may source information from third parties that will help us to contact individuals in relevant roles acting on behalf of those organisations.
3. What categories of personal information we collect
- Identity data, including your name, username, date of birth (for example, if you make a donation, volunteer, or sign up for an event).
- Contact data, including your email address, postal address, and phone number (for example, if you sign up to receive updates from us).
- Financial data, including bank or payment card details (for example, if you make a donation).
- Transaction data, including details of your giving.
- Technical data such as your IP address, when you browse our website.
- Marketing data such as your preferences for receiving communications from us.
- Any other information you provide us as above (see “How we collect personal information”).
- For potential collaborations and support to Viva con Agua in a greater capacity, we may collect job title(s), affiliated organisation(s), previous charity affiliations, education, career history, and other relevant interests and information. that helps us identify any family ties .
- Where it is appropriate, we may ask for your reason for giving and your specific interests relating to Viva con Agua’s work. This is because we want to ensure our communications with you are relevant and appropriate. To achieve this, we carry out targeted fundraising activity to ensure we provide the best experience for our supporters and the most efficient and effective use of our charitable resources. In doing so, we may supplement information you provide us with information we collect from third party sources. This is to help us better understand your background and ensure any requests for additional support are tailored to you and how you might support us. This also helps us reduce irrelevant or inappropriate communications to our supporters, so that we can operate as cost effectively as possible.
4. How we will use your personal information
- To provide you with the services or any information you have requested
- To update you about any changes to our services
- To communicate with you as set out in this policy below (including administrative communications as well as communications about our work, services, fundraising and events)
- To administer payments such as donations, including processing
- To display your profile or content on the website (if you have agreed to do so)
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To maintain our organisational records and ensure we have your most up-to-date details, including marketing preferences
- To help us improve our services, campaigns or information-offering, and improve your interactions with our website (including via cookies)
- To enable you to participate in interactive features on our website
- To enable you to participate in voluntary surveys or research
- To analyse your website behaviour
- To tailor advertising that is presented to you on the internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To administer your volunteering or employment application
- To assist in your voluntary or fundraising work, or to run our events
- To deal with enquiries and/or complaints made by or about you
- To audit and/or administer our accounts
- To help us work with third parties to ensure that we send you targeted communications (see “What categories of personal information do we collect?” above)
- To contact you where you have been identified as a contact person for an organisation, such as a school
- To identify relevant networks and other suitable partners for WaterAid.
- We always want you to get the most out of our website, so if you do experience any issues with our online forms we may follow up with you to find out how our team can best support you with any problems experienced.
5. Communicating with you
5.1 Administrative communications
We will communicate with you using the contact details you have provided for essential administrative purposes, such as to administer a donation or provide you with information regarding a fundraising event you have asked to take part in.
5.2. Marketing communications
We love to keep our supporters up to date with our fundraising, marketing and campaign activity. If you have given us your consent to do so, we will contact you for marketing purposes by email.
We currently send the following marketing materials:
- Updates about our work – including newsletters, magazines and other publications.
- Campaigns – information about our campaigning activities and their progress.
- Appeals and fundraising activities – including requests for donations, information about how you can leave us a gift in your will, and how you can take part in fundraising events or fundraise on our behalf, as well as the impact all of this has on our work.
- Events – including details of our challenge events and other sponsored activities. If you sign up to take part in an event we will also send you administrative communications about how you can take part.
- Volunteering – information about how you can get involved with volunteering for Viva con Agua.
You are in control of how we use your personal information for marketing and fundraising purposes. You can update your preferences at any time.
5.3. Marketing preferences
If you would like to contact us about your marketing preferences, please email Viva con Agua on email@example.com . If you do ask us to stop sending marketing communications, please note that we will continue to send you administrative communications as needed. If you ask us to stop sending you marketing materials, we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
6. Children’s data
- While we do not actively collect information from children (under-18s), we appreciate that our supporters are of all ages. Where appropriate, we will always ask for consent from a parent or guardian to collect information about children.
- All Viva con Agua events will have clear rules on whether or not children can take part.
- The collection of minors’ data will be managed in accordance with POPI, PAIA and our Safeguarding Policy .
8. How we keep your data safe and who has access to it
- We ensure that there are security measures in place to protect your personal data. For example, we use encryption technology on our websites and carry out regular security reviews on our network.
- We only allow authorised personnel to have access to your information i.e. Viva con Agua staff, volunteers or contractors and ensure that they are appropriately trained.
- Payment details (such as credit or debit cards) we receive through our website are passed securely to our payment processing providers who meet the required Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards. We do not store your card details, when donations are made in this way.
- Despite all of our precautions no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
9. Who we share your personal data with
- We might need to share your personal information with others if we are under a duty to do so or to comply with a legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of Viva con Agua, our employees, volunteers, supporters or others.
10. How we keep your information up-to-date
- We try to keep your records up to date. However, we really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change.
11. How long we keep your information for
- We hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example, in general we will only keep your contact information for as long as our interactions with you continue and for six years thereafter.
- After such a period, within our database, we anonymise records so we can reference behavioural patterns in our data analytics, but the information is no longer personal to you.
If you would like to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This policy may change from time to time. Should we make any significant changes to this policy, such changes will be publicised clearly on our website and communicated with you directly via email.